ISLANDIA, N.Y., Nov. 10, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) today announced the availability of new releases and enhancements to CA DLP, CA Identity Manager, CA ACF2™ and CA Top Secret® that help fulfill the company's vision for Content-Aware Identity and Access management (IAM). Content-Aware IAM is the next-generation approach to IAM that helps improve information security, reduce risk and meet compliance mandates. Traditional IAM stops at the point of access; it doesn't control how the information that is accessed is used. Content-Aware IAM goes a step further to help control identities, their access and what they can do with the information. This innovative
approach helps enterprises protect their critical information from inappropriate use or disclosure.
Today's announcement includes the availability of new capabilities in CA DLP and CA Identity Manager for the distributed environment, and new releases of CA ACF2 and CA Top Secret for the mainframe platform. These products help link identities and roles to information use policies, so that critical data can be protected based on the role of each user. Content-Aware IAM enables organizations to:
- Reduce administrative effort and cost through the automated provisioning of information use policies to users.
- Improve security by removing data permissions immediately (for example, to view sensitive corporate information) upon termination or transfer of an employee.
- Ease compliance with regulations by detecting and correcting attempted violations of information use policies based on identity.
- Reduce effort and cost associated with compliance audits with easier reporting.
CA Security Enhancements for Content-Aware IAM
- CA DLP: The second major release of CA DLP in a year, CA DLP 12.5 delivers direct CA Identity Manager integration as well as enhanced detection techniques and policy-driven data encryption.
- Content registration detection technique - Scans files and creates a digital "fingerprint" to identify sensitive content as it travels within or exits an organization.
- CA Identity Manager integration — Uses identity attributes in data policy and influences information use (see CA Identity Manager below).
- Policy driven data encryption for data in use - Initiates the encryption of emails, including attachments and files sent to removable devices, via integration with native and third-party encryption technologies.
- Role-based event review — Delivers policy and role-based delegation that
helps control visibility to events and enable segregation of duties in environments where CA DLP is deployed for multiple disciplines. For example, IT Security, Legal, Compliance, or HR could all deploy their own data policies and review infractions in isolation, protecting confidentiality and privacy.
According to the October 2010 report by Forrester Research Inc, "The Forrester Wave™: Data Leak Prevention Suites, Q4 2010," "CA Technologies dramatic product enhancements have enabled it to considerably grow its DLP sales to emerge as a Leader." The report goes on to say, "Perhaps as a result of all the improvements in the newest version of the product, CA's DLP suite sales are growing faster than any other vendor's, and a best-in-class 60 percent of its
customers have already upgraded."
- CA Identity Manager: Improved integration and automation with CA DLP allows CA Identity Manager to directly provision, de-provision, and modify users in the CA DLP hierarchy. As users' roles change, those changes are passed into CA DLP, which allows their data-use entitlements to also automatically change.
- CA ACF2 and CA Top Secret for z/OS: Supports Content-Aware IAM in the mainframe environment with new data classification capabilities that help satisfy regulatory needs to control data use. The new releases of CA ACF2 and CA Top Secret for z/OS can be used to help classify data and ownership according to legal and government regulations. This allows the assignment of specific data classifications to critical resources for purposes of access policy refinement and reporting. Other security and administrative
enhancements in these mainframe products include: reporting, certificate management, role-based security, operating system support, and protection of assets.
"Whether you are operating in the distributed world or in a mainframe environment, in order to secure information, comply with regulations and reduce risk, you need to control users, their access and what they can do with the information they access," said Lina Liberti, vice president, Security, CA Technologies. "We see Content-Aware IAM advancing even further as we share intelligence across our entire IAM portfolio to improve the quality of access decisions and help strengthen an organization's information security posture."
Additional technologies that play a role in CA Technologies approach to Content-Aware IAM include CA Role & Compliance Manager, CA SiteMinder®, CA Access Control, and identity-based user activity and compliance reporting.
To learn more about Content-Aware Identity and Access Management solutions from CA Technologies, visit:
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100516/NY05617LOGO )
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20100516/NY05617LOGO )
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (Nasdaq: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments — from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Follow CA Technologies
- Social Media Page
- Press Releases
Copyright © 2010 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
SOURCE CA Technologies