Company Designated as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality
"We are honored to once again to receive a 100% rating," said
The 2017 CEI rated 1,027 businesses in the report, which evaluates LGBT-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBT community. CA's efforts in satisfying all of the CEI's criteria results in a 100 percent ranking and the designation as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality.
CA supports its LGBT employees with programs, policies and benefits that include:
• Participation in the HRC's
• Hosting of an LGBT Inclusion Team to foster diversity and allow employees to share information, recognize achievements and interact with fellow employees;
• Offering health insurance plans which afford coverage for transgender surgery including the full range of medically necessary services and treatments as outlined by the current World Professional Associate for Transgender Health Standards of Care;
• Providing full healthcare benefits for domestic partners and adoption
assistance up to
• Supporting the LGBT lunch at the Anita Borg Institute's
• Prohibiting philanthropic giving to non-religious organizations that have a written policy of discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and/ or gender identity;
• Engaging in targeted recruiting efforts to the LGBT community every
year with organizations like
• Requiring US contractors to abide by our inclusive non-discrimination policy
For more information on the 2017 Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, visit www.hrc.org/cei.
The HRC is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality. HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBT citizens and realize a nation that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
Copyright © 2016 CA, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Rita O'Brien, 631-342- 6687
News Provided by Acquire Media