CA Technologies EVP Peter Griffiths Explains Strategic Role of Business Service Innovation in the Emerging Hybrid Enterprise
According to Griffiths, who heads the company's
"Users are demanding an increasingly rich, responsive and reliable experience," said Griffiths. "This raises the bar for Business Service Innovation to deliver outstanding end-user experience by linking transactions and applications with the performance, risk and quality of services across cloud, virtual and physical environments."
Griffiths noted that the urgency of IT's need for Business Service Innovation is being driven by multiple factors—including an evolving IT landscape where each of these business services are developed as composite applications that change and evolve rapidly.
"IT has to deliver many more services that change much more quickly—and they are turning out to be composite, cloud-spanning applications," he said. "This evolving hybrid enterprise of the future will include devices, on-premise systems and data, external cloud services, and new applications developed by the enterprise and deployed in the cloud. In this future enterprise, IT organizations need to be equipped with a broad range of solutions that help them deliver IT at the speed of business."
Griffiths underscored the unique value and solutions
"Only CA Technologies can take customers to the hybrid enterprise around an integrated set of platform services," he declared. "And only
To substantiate this claim, Griffiths pointed to the steps
- The announcement of the company's Next-Generation Mainframe Management strategy, designed to address the most pressing customer needs to reduce costs, sustain critical skills, and increase IT agility in the hybrid data center and the cloud.
- The acquisition of ITKO, which replicates hybrid environments from the mainframe to the cloud to help customers predict how services will perform under real-world conditions;
- The integration of CA AppLogic into the BSI platform, which allows customers to quickly and easily provision, deploy and manage applications service across private, public and hybrid clouds using an intuitive browser interface;
- The company's partnership with VCE to deliver infrastructure automation for Vblock environments;
- The new cloud solutions, CA IdentityMinder as-a-Service and CA FedMinder as-a-Service, join the company's existing advanced authentication services as part of the new CA CloudMinder™ family of IAM cloud solutions support both cloud-based and on-premise applications; and,
- A growing portfolio of SaaS solutions such as CA Clarity on Demand, CA ecoSoftware and
Nimsoftthat are delivering project and portfolio management, monitoring and service management as cloud services.
"The SaaS delivery model is a foundational element for the future of the hybrid enterprise," Griffiths observed. "The management and delivery of SaaS-based solutions is a key for
Copyright © 2011 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
News Provided by Acquire Media