CA Technologies Cross-Enterprise Application Performance Management Delivers Business Service Innovation Across the Hybrid Data Center and the Cloud
CA CE APM exemplifies
"Our clients are focusing on how IT can be more strategic to the business by providing decision makers and IT staff with timely information about IT services, and how their predictability and availability impacts business outcomes," said
The enhanced capabilities provide deeper insight into customer-facing business transactions across increasingly complex IT environments, modernizing mainframe administration by simplifying and enhancing cross-platform management to help incorporate the mainframe into an organization's broader enterprise IT strategy.
"Having all the necessary information to pinpoint application performance issue in a single place is key to resolving them before the customer experience is tainted," states
Advancing Service Assurance Across Mainframe, Distributed, Virtual and Cloud
With the rise of virtualization and cloud computing and the complex mix of mainframe and distributed platforms in the evolving data center, IT staff needs to perform real-time "application triage" to quickly diagnose and fix problems that can impact the customer experience. By providing a 360-degree view of all customer transactions, organizations can better understand the health, availability and business impact of critical business services to prioritize problem resolution and help assure that service performance meets SLAs.
To provide this level of visibility, new capabilities in CA CE APM and its integration with CA APM include:
- Over 90 metrics for DB2 for z/OS, end-to-end IMS for z/OS and the mainframe network to provide richer data faster, and with less work, so IT organizations can more quickly resolve problems with mainframe-based business transactions
- Information about network traffic across mainframe and distributed platforms that helps pinpoint problems affecting the performance or availability of an application or service
- A virtual infrastructure view so staff can more easily diagnose problems in the virtual environment and resolve them faster
- Information on how well SaaS vendor-delivered applications are performing for end-users
- Expanded information used to monitor cloud services efficiently
In addition, CA CE APM integration with CA APM offers a business-level view of service performance across mainframe, distributed and cloud services that can be displayed when executives need it on their mobile devices via CA Executive Insight for Service Assurance.
Copyright © 2012 CA. All Rights Reserved.
News Provided by Acquire Media